Thursday 7 February 2013

Scratch built tau allied detatchment and chaos conversions







I am so tired of my flip flopping between armies in 40k and my buying and selling armies and half painted armies. It almost made me swear off GW for life, it is expensive enough without rebuying things because of idiot decision making. Anyway, due to this bad habit of mine I am not re buying tau for a third time so am sculpting my allied detachment of one crisis suit commander and 6 man firewarrior squad from scratch(wire armatures from modelling wire bulking with miliput and greenstuff for everything else) It is ambitious and I'm a little nervous but going beyond your abilities always seems to improve them... so don't be faint hearted all of you out there sculpt your hearts out it's fun and alot easier than it looks( not to be taken to GW store or Warhammer world, they might not like that)

Here are my tau allies so far 







These were my designs for the tau sculpts. Hopefully how they will look if I pull it off but with more dimensions








 I also have been sculpting a Second Hq for my cultist heavy chaos force he is about half way to completion I started with a marine torso and then greenstuffed arms legs feed and torso detail I need to go over alot of it to add detail finish off the lightning claws as they look crap as they are in their first stage of sculpting and the face.... I'm looking forward to sculpting a really crazy face but the jump pack is going to be hard, things with proper circles or straight lines are very hard to get right.





 Just for a bit of fun I converted this guy....he is a slaneeshi cultist with heavy stubber I made him from a guards man's legs and torso and one arm the rest is greenstuff except the gasmask head is from maxi mini.





I love the thought of him shuffling about around the hive in dark corners or whatever before the chaos insurrection took place hiding his monstrous mutation under his ragged cloak until the time came to strike when he joined his fellow cultists and picked up a heavy stubber with his hideous tentacled limb and gunned down the pdf or local enforcers or whatever lol. 

Not sure if anyone reads the blog anymore as I let it decay for a while but hope if anyone is they got something out of it hopefully the idea that greenstuff is awesome :)























No comments:

Post a Comment