Monday 10 October 2011

wip Nids and Chaos Raptor aspiring champion

Hi all,

I'm really excited to grow my Tyranid brood but choosing a colour scheme was proving difficult for someone as indecisive as me. I decided to change direction with the colour. The fact that you can pretty much paint nids how you want did increase their appeal to me (how vain lol) I've always wanted to paint the flesh tones mossy, damp green shades but the chiternous I wasn't sure about. At first I wanted it black with along the textured edges but it just looked too much like It was just base coated. Then I came across pictures of the dawn of war tyranids and loved the deep purple and the effect of the lighting on it. I'm going to have a stab at it to the best of my ability

more wip tyranids

The chiternous looks much darker without flash. Will try and get a better picture with daylight which btw is increasingly hard to do...-_-'

-S


Hey allan here just thought i'd post as well. I have finished the WIP model of the raptors aspiring champion he is looking okay i think, Just have 1 picture for now. More importantly on the table top he is a beast. Technically my chaos lord with jump pack and lightning claws is more effective(he is the same but better lol) but i just had a battle against guard and he killed aload of vets in cc and blew up two armoured sentinels with melta bombs haahaha. It was fun =D

No comments:

Post a Comment